Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscar fashions

I'm not that big on award shows. But a few weeks ago, I found myself sitting curiously on my couch glued to the Golden Globes. I even got into a Facebook discussion with friends on what was going on with Renee Zellweger's Adams Family-like outfit and hair. It was so morbid for her.

So last night, I decide to tune into the Academy Awards - at least for a little while. It didn't seem as exciting as the Golden Globes. Plus, there was no dreary dress surprises either. In fact, everyone was pretty conservative with many sporting an old-Hollywood look to their attire. There were many mermaid-style dresses on the carpet. I couldn't figure out if this was a good or bad thing. Nearly everybody made the look glamorous to some degree.

My favorite dress of the evening was Meryl Streep's simple but lovely grey number. No mermaid look there.

I didn't really have a least favorite. But if I had to pick it would be Angelina Jolie's black sleeveless dress. Though it was nice, I found it rather boring on her. As if the dress itself didn't want to be there.

- January Holmes

No comments: