Apparently we're all supposed to be jazzed today about the impending birth of the first baby in the new generation of British royals. We're not, but William and Kate seem like decent people and we're happy for them, so let's mark the occasion by listing some of the best songs about babies. Please feel free to add your favorites.
1. "Isn't She Lovely," Stevie Wonder.
2. "Beautiful Boy," John Lennon.
3. "You Must Have Been a Beautiful Baby," Harry Warren and Johnny Mercer.
4. "Sweet Baby James," James Taylor.
5. "Stay Up Late," Talking Heads.
6. "Nancy With the Laughing Face," Jimmy Van Heusen and Phil Silvers (recorded by Frank Sinatra).
7. "Mammas Don't let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys," Ed Bruce.
8. "Kooks," David Bowie.
9. "Cleo" Built to Spill.
10. "You're Having My Baby," Paul Anka.
(We know, it's one of the worst songs ever, but we couldn't resist.)