UPDATED 4/29: Will Sarasota's 'Unconditional Surrender' kissing statue be missed?
We'll probably never know what song, if any, played today around noon as a woman crashed her white sedan into Sarasota's Unconditional Surrender statue — the one of a giant sailor planting a big kiss on an equally enormous nurse.
The busted up hood of the car that had been traveling north on U.S. 41 barely made it over the seaman's right ankle so he is probably going to survive.
The nurse appears unscathed.
The driver was taken to Sarasota Memorial Hospital "with minor injuries," according to our partners at Bay News 9.
She'll probably be fine, too.
So let's have a little fun with what might have been playing on her stereo when she hopped the center median "and slammed into the 26-foot tall statue."
1. "He Hit Me (It Felt Like a Kiss)," The Crystals
2. "Airbag," Radiohead
3. "Sailor's Lament," Creedence Clearwater Revival
4. "Wreck on the Highway," Bruce Springsteen
5. "The Nurse," The White Stripes
6. "O' Sailor," Fiona Apple
7. "Kiss Me Deadly," Lita Ford
8. "Dead Man's Curve," Jan and Dean
9. "Surrender," Cheap Trick
10. "Accidents Will Happen," Elvis Costello & the Attractions
—Photo courtesy of Bay News 9