Monday, September 24, 2012

COMMENTARY: Eddie Vedder's $20,000-a-person fundraiser for Obama in South Tampa not for me

Better play the most awesome, spine-tingling, soul-stirring, jaw-dropping version EVER of "Yellow Ledbetter."

And cover "Masters of War" (which he first did in 1992).

Those were my first thoughts when I learned Eddie Vedder was performing at a $20,000-a-person house party in South Tampa.

To be specific, it was a fundraiser attended by President Obama.

A reliable source told me who held the private shindig and where.

As a former South Tampa resident, I know the location. But I have only read about the host.

So even if I had $20,000 (ha, ha) to spend on a night of entertainment (ha, ha, ha, ha), it's doubtful an invite would have come my way.

Read more.


—Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder performs at the Voices for Justice concert in Little Rock, Ark., in 2010. AP Photo | BRIAN CHILSON

Read more here: http://www.bradenton.com/2012/09/23/4209892/eddie-vedder-plays-20000-a-person.html#storylink=cpy

No comments: