Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween playlist that rocks (from a first-time Halloween host)


Halloween is here and I'm stoked. 

See, for many years, I lived in apartments.

Which meant on Halloween never having a good reason to buy a pumpkin, decorate or welcome kids demanding candy.

If a stray or two knocked on my door, and I happened to be home, I grabbed a couple quarters from the trusty change jar and sent 'em on their way.

Returned to my six-pack and TV where Linus was always waiting for the Great Pumpkin.

Not this year.

Thanks to my beautiful and thoughtful fiancee, I have embraced the Halloween spirit. 

We have a house in a respectable part of town and it's ready for trick-or-treaters.

We festooned the place with multiple pumpkins (and even some squash), spiders, spiderwebs and all kinds of other not-so-scary stuff.

We bought a bunch of candy, too.

Actually, she has done pretty much all of the Halloween preparations.

She even has a CD filled with essential songs for the evening.

She probably thinks I'm not contributing anything but to the consumption of Hershey's bars.

But I am helping out. With a playlist. Here you go.

Have a happy Halloween.

And be sure to stop by our house before I eat all the goodies.

Spooky songs that haven't been played to death

"Psycho Killer," Talking Heads
"Witchcraft," Wolfmother
"Children Of The Grave," Black Sabbath
"Straight To Hell-Satan Is Real," Hank Williams III
"Dancing With Mr D," The Rolling Stones
"I Love The Dead," Alice Cooper
"Careful With That Axe, Eugene," Pink Floyd
"All Nightmare Long," Metallica
"Inject The Venom," AC/DC
"Little Ghost," The White Stripes
"Killed By Death." Motörhead
"Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead," Warren Zevon
"Ghost Of Karelia," Mastodon 
"My Mind Playin Tricks On Me," Geto Boys
"Dead Man's Party," Oingo Boingo

—Photo: Submitter writes: "Just wait 'til I get outta this punkin!" Submissions from the Halloween Photo Contest. Submit your own pics and vote here. PROVIDED PHOTO.

Read more here: http://www.bradenton.com/2012/10/29/4258009/more-halloween-photo-contest-submissions.html#storylink=misearch#storylink=cpy

No comments: